KENTUCKY ORGAN DONOR AFFILIATES (KODA) & KENTUCKY CIRCUIT COURT CLERKS’ TRUST FOR LIFE
SOCIAL MEDIA CHAT
Debunking the Myths of Organ Donation in Multicultural Communities Plus Overall Facts about Organ Donation
WHAT: Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates (KODA) will host a social media chat in honor of National Donor Sabbath Month, a national observance that that seeks to engage all major religions in the United States. It is a time for congregations to learn more about the critical shortage, celebrate life and pray for those affected by donation and transplantation.
WHEN: Monday, November 4, 2019; one session at 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Specific questions can also be asked on Facebook.com/donatelifeky Or DonateLifeKY.org
MORE: The topics covered will address the many misconceptions in faith-based communities regarding communities on the waiting list and include, but are not limited to:
- “My family will have to pay for my organ donation”;
- “I won’t be able to have an open-casket funeral”;
- “As a member of the LGBTQ community I cannot register as a donor”; “There are people out there who sell organs for money”;
- “My religion will not support organ donation”;
- “As a registered donor, a doctor won’t try to save me so those on a waiting list can be saved”;
- “I don’t need to tell my family that I’m a registered donor because I already added it to my will.”